[Web4lib] Resources for learning MySQL

Lawrence Milliken MILLIKEL at neumann.edu
Mon Sep 25 13:47:51 EDT 2006

And I like Paul DuBois's MySQL Cookbook, from O'Reilly (for MySQL 4.0,
I'm not sure if it has been updated for 5.0).

It won't help you learn MySQL from A-to-Z but it does give practical
examples of a huge number of common tasks.  Since it is likely that what
you want to do has been done before this book will help you avoid
reinventing the wheel.  It might also help you learn what to search for
when you look for online examples of your task.

Best,

Larry

Larry Milliken
Reference Librarian
Neumann College Library

>>> "K.G. Schneider" <kgs at bluehighways.com> 09/25/06 12:50 PM >>>
> Hello. The best I've ever seen:
>
> PHP AND MySQL WEB DEVELOPMENT by Welling Tomson.
> Developer's Library.
>
> I hope this can be of help.
>
> JB

Sounds like a good one to add to the list... I've been very happy
with:

MySQL(Third Edition)
Paul DuBois
Sams Developer's Library, March, 2005