[Web4lib] Library Web site redesign

Tom Keays tomkeays at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:33:39 EDT 2006

I had heard about this technique, of course. Microsoft has a write up
about using conditional statements.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/ccomment_ovw.asp

However, my impression (and I haven't gotten around to testing this)
was that the <!--[if IE 5]> ... <![endif]--> syntax had to be in the
html document itself (as in Peter's example) and that it couldn't
reside in an external stylesheet. If so, then hacks scale better, even
if they feel sort of bogus.

Tom

--
Tom