[Web4lib] Commercial website CMS products and Open-source consultants

Reegan D. Breu rbreu at cier.ca
Wed Sep 20 14:25:51 EDT 2006

Hello,

We are a relatively small non-profit organization. Currently, we are looking
into implementing a website CMS. We are leaning toward commercial products
at this time given that we do not currently have any IT staff. However, we
are planning to hire some staff in the next year, so open-source is not out
of the question. I have read the previous messages/discussions on website
CMSes and have two questions:

1. Regarding commercial products: Based on your experiences, are there any
that you would recommend?
2. Regarding open-source: Do you know of/can recommend any open-source
consultants (specializing in Plone or Drupal or Joomla) that are based out
of Canada?

Thank you for your feedback.

Reegan

Reegan D. Breu, MLIS, B.A. (Adv).
Manager, Information Services
Centre for Indigenous Environmental Resources (CIER)
3rd Floor, 245 McDermot Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada  R3B 0S6

Tel: 204.956.0660 ext. 400
Fax: 204.956.1895
Email: rbreu at cier.ca
Website: www.cier.ca

CIER, the Centre for Indigenous Environmental Resources, is a national First
Nation-directed environmental non-profit organisation.

We offer environmental research, technical, advisory and education services
to Indigenous communities, governments and private companies.