[Web4lib] Fwd: [ACAT] Interoperability of ILS add-ons

Schlosser, Melanie Brynn mschloss at indiana.edu
Fri Sep 15 14:52:06 EDT 2006

Request for input about ILS and DL systems below...

----- Forwarded message from BHackney at getty.edu -----
    Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:34:54 -0500
    From: Billie Hackney <BHackney at getty.edu>
Subject: [ACAT] Interoperability of ILS add-ons
      To: AUTOCAT at LISTSERV.BUFFALO.EDU

I am currently researching the interoperability of integrated library
systems add-ons, especially in regard to add-on digital library
products.  For instance, the vendor Endeavor has the ILS Voyager, the
link resolver LinkFinderPlus, ENCompass as their metasearch product and
digital library product, and so on.

Can anyone suggest where I could find anecdotal information from actual
customers about how effective these systems are and how well they work
together, not just the company blurbs?  I am especially interested in
the big vendors Ex Libris, Endeavor, Innovative, and Sirsi-Dynix.

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you think might be able
to help me.

Billie Hackney
Head of Monograph Cataloging
Getty Research Institute