[Web4lib] anti-spam email adress

Michael McCulley drweb at san.rr.com
Wed Sep 13 21:41:18 EDT 2006

I agree, for the most part, with Thomas Dowling.. a good e-mail spam filter
is the best solution.

You need to communicate, you need to reach "out," and you need to have that
visible on the Web site.
While some tool-tricking tools are available, you will get the most inbound
legtimate e-mail, IMHO, by having the e-mail address a dedicated address for
Web e-mails; and, having a great spam filter on the IP side, server side,
and e-mail client side. As best you can manage..

I use MailWasher Pro, and I "see" my e-mail before I bring it from the
server to the client.. I get to filter, monitor, bounce, and delete and
blacklist -- all before the e-mails reach "me." It's a decent solution for
today's spamified world...

Good luck!

Best regards,
DrWeb

--
P. Michael McCulley aka DrWeb
mailto:drweb at san.rr.com
San Diego, CA
http://drweb.typepad.com/

Quote of the Moment:
 Don't argue with a fool. The spectators can't tell the difference. -
 Charles J. Nalin
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 6:36:20 PM