[Web4lib] WinSelect in the Windows XP environment...

Steven M. Schermerhorn sschermerhorn at deltacollege.edu
Fri Sep 1 15:23:17 EDT 2006

I have been a long time user of WinSelect. I've been very pleased with
the functionality.
I'm finding that, on Dell GX280 and GX520s, running XP sp2, WinSelect
does not consistently block access to the Start button/menu. (Although
it DOES consistently control functionality in applications.)
I've asked Faronics about this and they don't have an answer.
Do you know anything about this?

Also:
Assuming that WinSelect will no longer allow me to block access to the
Start button/menu, what is the easiest and most effective way to control
Windows XP functionality (including, but NOT limited to the Start menu).

TIA.

--
Steven M. Schermerhorn
Co-ordinator of Technical Services and Systems
sschermerhorn at deltacollege.edu
"I want to ride my bicycle..."--Freddie Mercury