[Web4lib] How to handle emails to staff from public computers

Bordeaux, Abigail bordeaux at binghamton.edu
Fri Oct 27 09:20:48 EDT 2006

Most of our e-mail links work with a php-driven form.  See, for example,
the contact link at the bottom of
http://library.lib.binghamton.edu/webdocs/techproblems.html.  One form
works with all our e-mail addresses, and the URL of the page is included
in the e-mail subject so the recipient can tell where the sender was on
our website.

We have a couple other contact forms, such as the comments link off our
home page.

The forms have worked quite well for us.  We have not had any problems
with form spam.  I notice now that I should add some labels to make them
more accessible.

Abigail

Abigail Bordeaux
Coordinator of Digital Library Initiatives
Binghamton University Libraries
PO Box 6012 | Vestal Parkway E.
Binghamton, NY  13902-6012
607.777.3217 | bordeaux at binghamton.edu