[Web4lib] Re: Research database descriptions

Don Yarman yarmando at oplin.org
Thu Oct 12 06:29:07 EDT 2006

On 10/10/06, I <yarmando at oplin.org> wrote:
> This summer, I followed a link from this list to a college library website.
> I liked how this library handled the descriptions of research databases.

Several people asked me to send them the URL (if I found it)
of the college library webpage I was looking for.  It is Williams
College, http://www.williams.edu/library.  Specifically, I liked
the ways they listed their databases, and provided descriptions
for them --  http://www.williams.edu/library/indexes/master.php.

If you are particularly proud of the way you've solved the problem
of presenting and describing your electronic collections, I would
love to hear about it.  I've begun to think there is no good way to
do this.  Certainly I've done it in a number of unsatisfying ways.

      Your most humble and obedient servant,

                                  Don Yarman
                                  yarmando at oplin.org | AIM: yarmando