[Web4lib] Research database descriptions

Don Yarman yarmando at oplin.org
Tue Oct 10 17:07:31 EDT 2006

This summer, I followed a link from this list to a college library website.
I liked how this library handled the descriptions of research databases.
Next to the name of the database was a small link that said "+more"
which, when clicked, would expose the description of what the resource
contained and why you'd want to use it.  (And then there would be a
link that said "-less" to make the description go away).  This may have
been in the context of a discussion about whether to do this sort of
thing with CSS.

I thought it was ingenious.  I intended to explore using this method when
the time came to redesign our page.  And now I have lost the link.

If you know what I'm talking about, please email me.  I think this method
sucks somewhat less than most others I've seen.

      Your most humble and obedient servant,

                                  Don Yarman
                                  yarmando at oplin.org | AIM: yarmando