[Web4lib] Re: CSS Drop Down Menus

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:08:30 EST 2006

> I've been looking for a non-Javascript drop-down/pop-out menu system and stumbled across this:
> http://www.seoconsultants.com/css/menus/tutorial/
> which uses no Javascript but requires an .htc file on the server to define "hover" for list items in IE.

I found that earlier this year and it's interesting, although in my
experiments with text-size adjusting it produced some curious results.

I have since become fond of the menu at Project VII:

<http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/navigation/auto_hide/index.htm>

which uses a small amount of Javascript.  You'll want to make the top
level link to somewhere so users without Javascript don't lose access.

--
Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive