[Web4lib] U3 Thumb Drives

Bruce Jensen flaco.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 16:07:59 EST 2006

Another weird point about U3 that might cause confusion (as it did in our
lab only moments ago) is that the little guy *appears* to exist on two
drives.  A student saw his device apparently there as E:\ and was frustrated
that nothing could be saved.  Backing up and noticing that something was
happening in F:\ as well eventually saved the day.  (But not before he edged
toward the door ready to run to the bookstore to buy a *floppy,* of all
things.)

Also: In some machines it's reportedly necessary to reboot with the U3
plugged in before it'll work.

*Bruce Jensen   *

Automated Systems Librarian

Library Services