[Web4lib] Lack of discussion of Google CSE and Libraries

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Nov 9 12:20:43 EST 2006

CSE allows you to use patterns to manipulate possible results and also
allows you to exclude things.

________________________________

From: Meredith Farkas [mailto:mgfarkas at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 12:11 PM
To: Drew, Bill; web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: Re: [Web4lib] Lack of discussion of Google CSE and Libraries

I'm not going to argue the merits of Google CSE, which seems pretty cool
and something I'd like to explore more in the future. I was more
surprised to hear that you think there are things that specific bloggers
absolutely SHOULD be writing about. Frankly, I think it's great that
there are bloggers in our field writing about a huge variety of
different topics. A blogger SHOULD write about exactly what they are
interested in and passionate about and not what other people think they
SHOULD write about, especially since people's best writing usually comes
out when they are passionate about a topic. And why exactly would we
want every blogger to be writing about the same stuff? Man, that would
be boring.

Is this really SO incredibly different from Rollyo that we should be
jumping for joy over it? If so, how? I think it's cool, but not exactly
earth-shattering.

Meredith