[Web4lib] orkut members out there?

Andrea Brugiolo nick at linux.it
Thu Nov 9 10:25:05 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 04:51:44PM -0500, Drew, Bill wrote:
> Is anyone a member of Orkut, Google's Beta social networking site?  I am
> looking for an invitation so I can try it out.
>
> Wilfred (Bill) Drew
> [...]

Hi Bill

Did you have a look at orkut user agreement?

Please go to http://www.orkut.com/Terms.aspx

In my opinion it is a shame having to read this "orkut.com's
proprietary rights" statement:

"By submitting, posting or displaying any Materials on or through the
orkut.com service, you automatically grant to us a worldwide,
non-exclusive, sublicenseable, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual,
irrevocable right to copy, distribute, create derivative works of,
publicly perform and display such Materials."

despite of what follows in that statement.

There is also a Orkut community devoted to making Orkut change their
policy: "Orkut-Go-Open-Source!" ...

With my best regards,

Andrea