[Web4lib] Making Blogger pinter friendly

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed Nov 8 20:53:16 EST 2006

 Making Blogger pinter friendly

Here is the style coding I use to make Blogger printer friendly. I was
just reading Walt Crawford's latest Cites and Insights
<http://citesandinsights.info/>  where he mentions the problem of
printing that many websites and blogs cause. He then mentions the
solution I came up with. I thought I would post it here before I get
lots of questions on it. The code is taken from other websites that I
found when I discovered the problem of printing long Blogger posts.

body {

background: white;

font-size: 12pt;

font-family:Palatino,'Times New Roman',times,serif;

}

#sidebar { display: none; }

#subscribe {display: none;}

#footer {display: none}

#sitemeter {display: none}

#bottom {display: none}

.post-footer {display: none;}

.nav {display: none}

#content {

width: auto;

margin: 0 5%;

padding: 0;

border: 0;

float: none !important;

color: black;

background: transparent;

}

a:link, a:visited {

background: transparent;

font-weight: bold;

text-decoration: underline;

}

#b-navbar {

visibility: hidden;

}

/*Some rules about Page breaks */

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { page-break-after:avoid;

page-break-inside:avoid }

img { page-break-inside:avoid;

page-break-after:avoid; }

blockquote, table, pre { page-break-inside:avoid }

ul, ol, dl { page-break-before:avoid }

}

Technorati <http://technorati.com/>  tags:
Blogger <http://technorati.com/tag/Blogger> , Cites & Insights
<http://technorati.com/tag/Cites & Insights> , Printing CSS
<http://technorati.com/tag/Printing CSS> , Walt_Crawford
<http://technorati.com/tag/Walt_Crawford>

--
Posted by Bill Drew to Baby Boomer Librarian
<http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com/2006/11/making-blogger-pinter-f