[Web4lib] Gracefully degrades to..?

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Wed May 24 14:02:28 EDT 2006

> CSS Zen garden (http://www.csszengarden.com/) shows the same sites with
> many different designs.  The site itself degrades pretty nicely as well.
> They have book out but I've only skimmed it.  Didn't seem to have much
> about the nitty-gritty but more general design ideas.

If you haven't checked out CSS Zen Garden, do so.

This remarkable site lets you view the same content under various layouts.
The variations are so extreme you'd swear these are not the same site.  It
dramatically demonstrates the power of CSS.  For instance, click here:

http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=/194/194.css&page=0

Now click here, maybe in a side-by-side window:

http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=189/189.css

Only the CSS varies between the two.

The CSS congoscente that I know say the companion book is good.

/rich