[Web4lib] Web service/tool for managing online contributions

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed May 24 13:49:32 EDT 2006

K.G. Schneider wrote:
> Do any of you know of web services/applications (particularly that tie in to
> a MySQL environment) for managing online contributions?
>
> I was planning a new table for My Place of Work's content management system
> for this purpose, with the idea that we'd key in that information, and began
> musing how nice it would be to have an e-commerce application that handled
> accepting donations, managing renewals, maybe even hooking in to our table
> or generating its own table...anything that would make it relatively
> seamless to:
>
> * Accept donations via credit card/PayPal
> * Create and assign donor levels (Inaugural, Leadership Circle, Supporter,
> etc.)
> * Manage renewal notification
> * Output code to create an online donor page
> * Generate reports on donations

If you want to go the Drupal route, one of the major "modules" is
CiviCRM which is a customer/constituent relations manager.  One of the
modules is CiviContribute which can keep tabs of who's contributing what.

It also allows you to create online contribution pages.

More info here:
http://www.openngo.org/
http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRM/CiviContribute+Guide

Again, it pretty much makes sense only if you're going with the Drupal
(or Mambo) as your CMS.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein
www.leoklein.com