[Web4lib] Netlibrary audiobooks (was RE: Overdrive)

J.P.Knight J.P.Knight at lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 24 05:38:14 EDT 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Houghton, Sarah wrote:
> [...]  The bottom
> line is that Apple's inflexibility is causing an access crisis in
> libraries for our digital content.  And until the kids learn to play
> well together, that won't change.

Of course what its actually causing is an additional reason why some folk
rip off the DRM, reencode the audio and then put it on what ever player
they like.  Not legal but until audio cross connect cables, sound cards
and audio capture and encoding devices are made illegal and the RIAA/MPAA
police pop round to conviscate them all then there's not much than any DRM
system can do about it (at least for personal use).  Its ironic that DRM
is actually causing promotion of "piracy" like this.

Jim'll