[Web4lib] Gracefully degrades to..?

Erik Adams EAdams at sheppardmullin.com
Tue May 23 18:26:47 EDT 2006

> I am already specifying validates to a published standard with a
minimum for
> that, as well, but I wanted to add a browser statement.

First, I would be specific about which published standard you want, for
example "all web pages must validate to HTML 4.01 Transitional", or
whatever version of HTML you've chosen.

If you must list browsers, I would list Internet Explorer 6.0, FireFox
1.5, and either Safari 1.4 (or whatever is the most recent version
shipping with OS X 10.4) or Lynx 2.8.5.  But probably not both Safari
and Lynx.  Although, if specify an HTML standard and only list IE and
FireFox, you've probably covered the other two.

Erik Y. Adams
Electronic Resources Librarian
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton
eadams at sheppardmullin.com
(213)617-5429 / Fax: (213)620-1398

This message is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP

Please visit our website at www.sheppardmullin.com