[Web4lib] events management and room booking for workshops events ect.

clay claymsu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 08:47:37 EST 2006

Hello,
Any suggestions for events management and room booking for workshops
events ect.
We have a system that we built. I am looking for something more user
friendly.

We offer classes. Patrons can sign up. They get a confirmation email and
a reminder prior to the class.
The teachers can enter a particular class in the system, it books the
room (so no one else can).
They enter the amount of seats.(so too many people don't sign up , and
don't have a seat)

We have a web based form for the patrons to sign up for the event, and
the events are populated daily to our website.

I need the same functionality as above. Just some bells or
whistles..Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks
Clay
Mississippi State University Libraries