[Web4lib] Libraries that support user tagging in OPAC?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Fri Mar 10 14:27:32 EST 2006

Bill Drew wrote:

> There is one problem with tagging in OPACs.  What happens when
> you change the URL of the catalog?  This is going to happen to
> us this summer when we move to a new server and upgrade to
> version 16 of ALEPH.

This is just too stupid for being 2006.  What did Amazon.com do
when their software upgrade forced them to change all URLs?

What if the software upgrade forced you to throw away all records
in the catalog, so you had to enter them all over again?  Would
you still upgrade?  Would you look for another supplier?

Maybe Amazon.com had on their requirements list that URLs just
shouldn't change?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)