[Web4lib] New Community Editor for the Wireless Networking community

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Tue Mar 7 16:47:25 EST 2006

I just posted the following message to WebJunction Wireless Forum
<http://www.webjunction.org/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=44&start=0> :

My name is Bill Drew. I am the new community editor for the wireless
networking sections of WebJunction. I am working with Steve Delvecchio
of WebJunction in evaluating and organizing the content area
(http://www.webjunction.org/do/Navigation?category=524) and the
resources listed there.

I am the systems librarian at Morrisville State College in New York. I
have been a librarian for 21 years and a systems librarian for 18 years.
I have been involved with wireless technology since 1999 when our campus
became a Thinkpad University and a wireless network was installed over
the entire campus. I have presented all over the eastern United States
on wireless networking for libraries in such venues as Computers in
Libraries, Technology for the Rest of Us at Ohio State, and at many
public library systems around the north east. I am not a network
engineer, just a librarian who loves technology.

I would like to know what you want to see int the Wireless content area.
What is missing there? What resources were useful to you? What resources
were of little value?

Send me your success stories and even your failures (anonymously if
preferred) and useful tips and tricks. I will post these in the content
area as it gets reorganized. Also, send along links to resources you
found helpful. This is your community. Let us know how we are doing.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4 <aim:goim?screenname=BillDrew4>

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)