[Web4lib] Public Computer management systems

Browne,Ginny browneg at oclc.org
Mon Jul 31 12:24:17 EDT 2006

I have seen ads for systems that will allow a library to load software
and controls on a central server and the system will handle all the
computers within the network, providing security, internet access with
whatever limits the administrator chooses, and selected software,
without allowing anything to be loaded onto the individual PCs.  But of
course, now that I am looking for information about such a system I'm
not able to find anything.

Are any of you out there using this sort of system?  If so, which one?
What are the ups and downs of it?

Thanks for your help!!