[Web4lib] blue sky thinking

Andrew Darby darby.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 12:38:24 EDT 2006

We've been doing this for some time, splitting our site between the
campus server for the static pages and a .com address (the .edu was
already taken) for the dynamic.

There are some minor organizational irritations with this setup, which
would be solved by completely migrating over to the .com.  As for
that, our 8 dollar a month host (lunarpages) has served our needs
fairly well, and in almost two years has only had one unexpected,
prolonged (two hour) and unexplained patch of downtime--and campus IT
can just as easily provide such an event.

Andrew Darby
Ithaca College Library
http://www.ithacalibrary.com/newsite/