[Web4lib] FTP Software?

Michael VanHouten Mvanhouten at albion.edu
Mon Jul 24 11:42:46 EDT 2006

Hi Valarie -

I am using a program called freeFTPd, available at:
http://freeftpd.com/

This was suggested to me by one of our IT staff. It's easy to use, and
no problems to report so far (I've been using it for a couple of
weeks).

Mike

Michael Van Houten
Associate Director of Libraries and Head
     of Public Services
Stockwell-Mudd Libraries
Albion College
602 E. Cass St.
Albion, MI 49224
517-629-0382
mvanhouten at albion.edu

"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new
respectability to uninformed opinion."
John Lawton, speaking to the American Association of Broadcast
Journalists in 1995

>>> "Website Committee" <webmaster at onlib.org> 07/24/06 11:35 AM >>>

Hello!

My library is interested in freeware, shareware or other FTP programs.
We
need to fix an issue we are having with online collection development,
and
the vendor suggested FTP.

We're looking for something simple, easy to install, and easy to use.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been to versiontracker.com and
findapp.com, but we'd like to hear from real library folks using FTP
programs too.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

- Valarie

Website Committee
OCPL Central Library
447 S. Salina St.