[Web4lib] Library Tool Bars for Browsers

Kelli Staley kstaley at lansing.lib.il.us
Fri Jul 21 19:40:24 EDT 2006

To give you an idea on how you can promote a variety of services with the
toolbar builder that Bill mentioned, here's a Public Library example:

Here's the link to download the library toolbar I began last summer using
effectivebrand.com  http://www.effectivebrand.com/landingpage.aspx/ct92591

It's been revised a bit over the past year, and includes RSS feeds of our
library news blogs, links to our del.icio.us, and flickr accounts, and
includes information about our IM reference/readers advisory and info about
our branded version of Juice.  It also includes searches for our catalog,
our consortia (Metropolitan Library System/SWAN) catalog and worldcat.

If you install it and click on the library symbol icon on the far left,
there's also a drop down menu with quick links to: our website, renew
materials, view borrower account, view upcoming events, and contact us.

IE and Fx versions available.

Kelli Staley
Information Technology Services
Lansing Public Library