[Web4lib] Usability of "fly-out" navigation menus

David Walker dwalker at csusm.edu
Wed Jul 5 11:33:35 EDT 2006

Hi Jason,

I think Steve Krug is, as usual, correct on this point:

"[I]t's not productive to ask questions like 'Do most people like pulldown menus?'  The right kind of question to ask is 'Does this pulldown, with these items and this wording in this context on this page create a good experience for most people who are likely to use this site?'"

Don't Make Me Think (2000), pg 137.

--Dave
David Walker
Web Development Librarian