[Web4lib] The Library, FaceBook, and My Space

Edward Vielmetti edward.vielmetti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:58:52 EST 2006

q= behavioral economics worldcat

does a pretty good job.  it searches a union
catalog from OCLC, and then you zero in
to figure out whether your library has the
materials.

i rigged up an IM bot that does a few library
catalog searches too, which you can see if
you befriend superpatronbot at gmail.com .
more libraries are addable as we find either
RSS, REST, or Z39.50 interfaces in any reasonable
formats.

Ed