[Web4lib] usability studies of online catalogs

Maurice York maurice.york at emory.edu
Fri Jan 6 16:23:58 EST 2006

I found the following very helpful on this topic. The CREE project site,
especially, is a goldmine.

~Awre, C. (2005). The CREE project web site. Retrieved June 11, 2005, from
http://www.hull.ac.uk/esig/cree/
~Awre, C. (2005). How do users search? Examining user behavior and testing
innovative possibilities within the CREE project. Paper presented at the CNI
Spring Meeting, Washington, D.C. Retrieved June 11, 2005, from
http://www.cni.org/tfms/2005a.spring/abstracts/presentations/CNI_awre_how.pdf
~Elsevier. (2003). Usability drives value of bibliographic databases.
Retrieved June 11, 2005, from
http://www.info.sciencedirect.com/content_coverage/
databases/sd_bdwhitepaper.pdf<http://www.info.sciencedirect.com/content_coverage/databases/sd_bdwhitepaper.pdf>{This
on is perhaps not directly on target, but very interesting}
~Ingram, C., Awre, C., Arora, V., Brett, T., & Hanganu, G. (April 2004).
CREE focus groups: Results and comment: University of Hull. Retrieved June
11, 2005, from
http://www.hull.ac.uk/esig/cree/downloads/CREEfocusgroupreport.pdf
~Lippincott, S., & Kyrillidou, M. (October 2004). How ARL university
communities access information: Highlights from LibQUAL+tm. ARL(236), 7-8.
{Deals with ARL data and not exactly direct observation of users, but is
interesting and fairly short}

-Maurice

--
Maurice York