[Web4lib] Webmail and the ocean of spam

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:39:12 EST 2006

> And is there an email program that will handle huge quantities of local
> stored mail without bogging down the way Tbird does?  (I want to
> avoid microsoft products if at all possible).

I have somewhat over 1 gig in Pegasus Mail on a 1999-era P550, and it
works pretty well.

However, when I switched home ISPs I migrated to Google Mail, which
has a trainable spam filter and handles it so much better than the
Outlook Web Access we now have at work I use Google for that also.

I have a separate Gmail account for use on my site, and it catches
hundreds of junk messages per day with few errors.

--
Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive