[Web4lib] *Almost* every state has a Federal Regional Depository library

Daniel Cornwall dan_cornwall at eed.state.ak.us
Thu Dec 21 12:48:57 EST 2006

Dear web4lib'rs:

To Grace's excellent summary of the Federal Library Depository Program
below, I wished to make one small amendment.

Not every state has at least one Regional Federal Depository Library who get
100% of the documents available through the Government Printing Office
[GPO]. Alaska does not have a Regional within our state, but we have an
agreement with the Washington State Library for Regional Depository services
and they do an excellent job for us. Other states without their own regional
are: Delaware, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont and
Wyoming. You can see where they and other states get their regional services
from http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/fdlp/pubs/regionals-1106.pdf. More
information on what it is that Regional Federal Depository Libraries do can
be found at http://www.gpo.gov/su_docs/fdlp/pubs/instructions/in_ch9.html.

I'd also like to thank the list for the responses to my video production
questions. I've gotten some excellent resources and other tips. I knew this
would be a good place to ask! - Daniel

Message: 4