[Web4lib] public libraries with a focused technology bent

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Fri Dec 1 13:17:50 EST 2006

hi web4lib people -

    i'm currently quite happy at my public library job helping youth and adults
use the internet, but i'd like to be doing more digital storytelling, podcasting
and video on the web as part of my regular job. i currently teach these on the
side just once a week.

     my background is as an elementary educator and macintosh computer
professional, but i love linux and am very comfortable on windows. i'd like to
be at a public library where technology empowerment of the community is one of
the core functions of the library -- rather than a side-function.

      i'd be interested in hearing from any public libraries who are moving in
that direction. even if your library is not hiring, i'd still like to be in touch.

       we can walk more timidly or more boldly into the future, and i fit myself
more into the latter camp.

         phil shapiro

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/pshapiro