[Web4lib] Google Allows Downloads of out-of-copyright Books

Adkins,John johnadkins at ucwv.edu
Thu Aug 31 16:55:38 EDT 2006

	I think it is important to point out something that no one has
yet mentioned. . . that Google Books, however much it might fail to meet
our expectations or desires, is a wonderful resource!  I have already
downloaded several books in my areas of study (West Virginia History and
Labor History).  I can print these out in part or in full and they were
free.  Most would have cost me over $100 to purchase.  While I hope
Google listens to our concerns and further refines Google Books we need
to be clear that this is a Good Thing!  Now I would like them to start
on Historic Newspapers!!!  Cheers.

John E. Adkins, M.A., M.S.L.S. (johnadkins at ucwv.edu)
Reference, Instruction, & Technology Librarian
Schoenbaum Library (http://www.ucwv.edu/library/)
University of Charleston
2300 MacCorkle Avenue, SE
Charleston, West Virginia 25304