[Web4lib] Disable USB drives on public computers

Brian Stubbs bstubbs at rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Apr 28 15:48:16 EDT 2006

I understand this, and that many libraries would not want to implement
such a procedure because it would interfere with their own defined
fair-use of their public workstations.  However, I've been asked before
on this listserve how to disable USB drives on public computers, so I
thought I would pass this along for those who find it useful.  Whether
to use it or not, whether it fits your institution's policies, is for
your institution to determine.

Thanks,

Brian
Charles Shumar wrote:
 > Do the computers have CD-ROMs or Floppy drives?
 > You could do this from both of those too - are they disabled?

liberty to obtain a little temporary