[Web4lib] Federated search products and FullText/PeerReview limiting

Jonathan Bloy JBloy at edgewood.edu
Wed Apr 19 11:47:03 EDT 2006

On April 18, 2006 4:28 PM, Karen Harker wrote:
>My conclusion then is, if we can let the user know the exact
>status of obtaining each citation at the exact point of
>need, their experience with the Library would improve.
>
>>> "David Walker" <dwalker at csusm.edu> 4/18/2006 2:48:51 PM >>>
>>Forcing users to click on a link resolver button for each search
>>result just to determine that item's availability does little
>>or nothing to encourage users to look for the most appropriate
>>resources.  It simply frustrates them.

Thanks for your input folks.  This is certainly a lively discussion.  I
agree with a lot of the points that have been made.

We've got some federated search product demos coming to our library in
the next month or so.  If we come up with any profound conclusions, I'll
be sure and pass them on to the list.

--
Jonathan Bloy
Web Services Librarian