[Web4lib] HTML question

Lynne Puckett lpuckett at billings.lib.mt.us
Tue Apr 18 19:09:54 EDT 2006

Howdy, folks,
This is so basic I feel quite dumb for even asking, but anyway:
I have been reading the HTML 4.0.1 specs in an effort to get my pages to
validate. One of the things it says is that IMG ALIGN attributes are
bottom, middle, top, left, right. Middle is a vertical attribute. So how
does one center an image on a webpage horizontally? I have been blithely
using "align=center" for years, which has always worked fine, but it's
not valid. I don't want to center every image on all my webpages - do I
have to add yet another class to my already innumerable CSS classes?
Lynne
--
L. E. Puckett
Reference & Electronic Systems Librarian