[Web4lib] Self-pickup of holds

Clinton Lowery clintonhlowery at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 08:49:25 EDT 2005

According to the ALA Privacy Toolkit, is is advised
against using customer names for such a service.

But my question is not in making an alias, my question
dealt with how to prevent other
patrons/users/customers/visitors/etc.etc. from seeing
'Oh, John Smith has Angel of Darkness with his name on
it.'

At JPL we are wrapping items with normal 8 1/2 x 11
translucent paper, but I remember some libaries using
brown butcher paper or other products.  I just can't
remember offhand how many or who.

(Sorry for cross-posting, it was brought up that this
was discussed on PUBLIB at some point in the past and
I wanted to see if someone on that list could remember
as well.)

Thanks,

Clinton Lowery, MLIS
Integrated Library Systems