[Web4lib] Question: can a generic unix email handle a local file attachment on a webform

William Denton wtd at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 20:17:39 EDT 2005

On 20 September 2005, Avril Cunningham wrote:

: My webperson is saying that our webforms can't handle a local file as an
: attachment, or at least she is not sure of the code to accomplish this.
:
: Do any of you out there have examples of some pages and code that I can
: give to her so we can get this done?

File uploading is easy if the CGI knows what to do.  I'd use a Perl script
with CGI.pm to handle that side of it, and then MIME::Lite to send the
file as an attachment.  I don't have any examples, but both modules have
good documentation with code snippets.

Bill
--
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : www.miskatonic.org : www.frbr.org