[Web4lib] Question for php/asp programmers

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue Sep 20 08:44:08 EDT 2005

Can't help you on the default assigning but to your last question,  in
Reference here at ASU, librarians volunteer to respond to Ask A Librarian.
My understanding is that the volunteers usually use their regular reference
desk hours to respond to submissions and then they follow up from their
offices when needed.  This is done totally through a WEB interface which
utilizes a PostgreSQL database and email with Zope and Linux.  This is how
they have been handling it since about 2000.  There have been no changes to
this system since we started using it.

Thomas