[Web4lib] setting up new web server problems

Lynne Puckett lpuckett at billings.lib.mt.us
Tue Sep 13 17:28:10 EDT 2005

Andro Gagne wrote:
> Dear Ms. Puckett:

>           Of course, as I'm sure you know, the server does need a static
> IP address.  I haven't set up an MS Server 2003/IIS6.0 server yet, but I
> wonder whether you might have personal firewall software running on this
> computer.  If you do, and if the loopback adapter (IP 127.0.0.1) is not
> listed as a trusted zone in your firewall software, you probably will
> not be able to access the default Web page through localhost.  At least
> this would be the case with ZoneAlarm Pro.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andro P. Gagné

Kind sir,
I thank you. I did check and disable the built-in firewall for Server
2003, lest it interfere. Our other firewall is a wholly different
computer. I have been wondering if it might have something to do with
that, but I can't access localhost even when only hooked up to the
internal network, using either a static IP, or the default setting, or
the 127.0.0.1 IP.
Lynne

--
L. E. Puckett
Reference & Electronic Systems Librarian