[Web4lib] More on the Open Content Alliance

Broun, Kevin (NIH/NCI) brounk at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 27 10:17:49 EDT 2005

Give me a break -- was there a design requirement that hoary library
metaphors like physical books and catalog cards be used?  Web-savvy
people coming to this will have a very hard time getting past the
presentation to the truly compelling content.  Did anybody test this on
actual users?  How about users at 800x600, where the controls are
hidden?  And even if they aren't hidden, the beige-on-beige scheme makes
them almost invisible.  Sheesh.

Kevin Broun
Senior Web Developer / NCI LION Team Lead
Office of Communications
National Cancer Institute
kbroun at nih.gov