[Web4lib] Virtual reference session counts

Reiten, Beth beth.reiten at okstate.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:46:44 EDT 2005

Bernie and the List -

Here at OSU's Digital Library Services, our **reference** numbers seem
to have dropped.  Unfortunately, we've revised how we collect and report
our departmental stats a few times since our inception in 1999, so I
can't give solid numbers for more than about 18 -20 months ago.

We don't use a virtual reference program; we use phone and email.  I
don't know if that makes a difference in what you're interested in or
not.

What we are seeing an increase in the complexity and length of time for
completion of the questions we're getting.  And they're often so
intertwined with a tech support-type question that it's hard to really
define the category of question.

Does this mirror what others are seeing?

*Please note my new email address*
Beth Reiten, Asst. Professor & Librarian
Digital Library Services
Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University
Phone: 405-744-9109