[Web4lib] Television displays [WAS: (no subject)]

McMorris,Don dmcmorris at sals.edu
Mon Oct 17 04:51:03 EDT 2005

Recently, I was flipping through channels on the cable television, and noticed something unusual on an educational access channel.  It was the screen of a Windows 2000 computer, and it was rebooting.  Being a computer nerd, I sat there and watch their computer reboot.

I found out that they use a software called Infochannel from SCALA.  Although I have no experience with the actual software, once it was running, there was no indication what software was being used.  It was just a plain ol' infomercial.  I imagine you just load a certain type of video file into the software, and it will play them according to a schedule you set.

I have no idea what a software like this runs.  But, I'm hoping that the company (SCALA) would be lenient in pricing for you, being it is only for one television and its for a public library.

Sorry I have no more specifics about this software.

Hope this helps.

--Don

------------------------
"Proudly serving the 964 residents of the Village of Salem, NY"
Donald J McMorris Jr.
Assistant Librarian
Bancroft Public Library
181 South Main St