[Web4lib] Uses of Social Software in Libraries?

Edward Spodick lbspodic at ust.hk
Tue Oct 11 22:06:31 EDT 2005

At 11:32 pm -0500 10/10/05, Jeremy Dunck wrote:
>I'm not the right person to respond on this, but if you haven't seen
>Ning yet, check it out:
>http://www.ning.com/

I tried to visit it, but I had cookies turned off at the time.  Interesting that if you do this, the site will not even tell you what the application is about.  Silly.  Perhaps I will visit again later when I have cookies reactivated, or perhaps not.  If they are a commercial product, then even if I visit again, this configuration problem would really mark against them in my book.  :)

-Edward

--
Edward F Spodick, Information Technology Manager
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library