[Web4lib] ALA RFP for Content Management System

Karen Davis kdavis at lawrence.lib.ks.us
Wed May 25 12:35:10 EDT 2005

Thanks for the link again! I hadn't seen it.

>We have 25 editors now on Contribute, and there is a desire to add 12 more.
>I am a little worried that things are spiraling... but not sure where to go
>with it. I mean, they cant all possibly be at the same level in terms of
>writing for the web, even if we train them-right?

Here's what I'm thinking for my situation-

1. careful thought about setting up an editorial process using Site Administration within Contribute can go a long way toward safeguarding the quality of the content. The review process setup in Contribute ought to mirror what it is for paper docs.

2. a styleguide, training and *documentation of procedures and guidelines* will  be essential to ensure a successful experience for new content maintainers. Either that, or you have to be prepared to spend a fair amount of time sitting at their elbow or taking their calls.

3. regular Web Development team meetings to answer questions, set goals and objectives, improve process, etc.

Karen

--
Karen Davis, Coordinator