No subject

Wed May 18 15:10:58 EDT 2005

>From mtruitt at nd.edu  Mon Dec  4 09:24:36 2000
Sender: mtruitt at nd.edu
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 12:26:26 -0500
From: Marc Truitt <mtruitt at nd.edu>
To: web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: mea culpa...

Several folks have written off-list to suggest that I was being unduly
harsh with Araby about the distribution of 'creative.exe'.  I sincerely
apologize, both to him and anyone else who found my message troubling.
This was not my intent at all, and I recognize that any of us could
inadvertently do this.

On the positive side, readers of this list who are subscribed to a
related one (libnt-l) will recall that an incident such as this just
last week resulted a widely-supported move by the list owner to
inplement settings that cause the listserver to reject any posting with
an attachment.  Is it worth considering similar restrictions here?

regards,

- mt

Marc Truitt
Head
Library Systems Department
G126 Hesburgh Library
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5629

Voice  : 219-631-3409
Fax    : 219-631-6772
e-mail : mtruitt at nd.edu
page   : 219-258-2523 / 2192582523 at page.metrocall.com

LSD : "We're putting the FUN back in dysFUNctional!"