Google digitization and scanning resolution?

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Wed Mar 9 16:00:13 EST 2005

Earlier this week I alerted people to an American Libraries article
about Google's digitization project.

There was a remark attributed to Ann Wolpert, MIT's library director,
which raised an issue I hadn't seen mentioned before. Speaking of the
scanning project, Wolpert said "The scanning resolution is reportedly
quite low..."

Has anyone seen this mentioned anywhere else?

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant, ILCSO
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
616 E. Green Street, Suite 213
Champaign, IL  61820

Phone: (217) 333-4895
Fax:   (217) 265-0454