[WEB4LIB] help!

Kerry Sullivan ksullivan at comporium.net
Tue Mar 1 18:41:26 EST 2005

Ha!  This is exactly how I ended up on this listserv back in my first
semester of library school.  Thousands of messages and years later I am
so thankful that I chose this listserv!

Were it not for WEB4LIB I would not know all that I do about RSS feeds,
the Blogging world, OpenURL, Wikis, Cascading style sheets, (etc, etc,
etc) and all kinds of cultural and professional discussions relevant to
the techie librarian.  This listserv has kept me ahead of the game when
it comes to technology in libraries and enabled me to speak wisely at
many meetings.

So, even with the massive amounts of messages I wade through weekly, I
stay and I learn.  I figure I'll be around for awhile.  I suggest you
look through the archives and see what everyone's been talking about.
Some of the interesting discussions about the Google digitization
project and Google Scholar might be a good place to start.  Good luck!

Now back to lurker mode. . .

Kerry