FileMaker for journals database?

RCH Library rch.library at rch.org.au
Wed Mar 16 00:43:05 EST 2005

hi folks,

our journals list is becoming too large to manage in static html, and we've
been considering moving to a databse environment for some time.

if we make a request for our webmaster and his cronies to build us one, it
may take up to a year and we will be charged for their time.

we just want to put our journals in it, then include it in our existing
library site. has anyone used FileMaker Server 7 Advanced to do something
like this? the blurb on the website (filemaker.com) certainly sounds like
it will do what we want it to do.
i've had it on good authority (members of this list) that Access is not a
good idea, but what about this product? is it more stable? am i even
looking at the right KIND of product?

thanks for any crumb of knowledge you might like to pass my way,
vicki.