[WEB4LIB] Website redesign survey

Kathy Gaynor kgaynor at webster.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:34:31 EST 2005

We posted an online survey in early February and have received about 80
replies so far.  It is linked from our home page at
<http://library.webster.edu>.

Some replies to the open-ended questions are more helpful than others.  In
response to a question about what we could do to make our web site better,
one person wrote "Make it pretty".  Some people also complained about
various features of some of our online subscription databases, something we
have no control over.

Anyway, tuck your ego in a drawer when you read these things and take them
with a grain of salt.  Good luck.

At 09:27 AM 3/10/2005, Jonathan Bloy wrote:
>We're looking to do a major redesign of our library's website and want
>to get user opinions regarding features they would like to see, etc.
>

>Has anyone else out there in libraryland (especially academic libraries)
>done something similar?  If so, was it worthwhile?  Did you get a decent
>response?
>
>---
>Jonathan Bloy
>Web Services Librarian