Website redesign survey

Jonathan Bloy JBloy at edgewood.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:23:49 EST 2005

We're looking to do a major redesign of our library's website and want
to get user opinions regarding features they would like to see, etc.

I stumbled across a college library's website where they've set up an
online survey to do just that.  Some of the questions included are how
often they use the site, menu layout preferences and lists of current or
proposed features which people can rank (must have, nice to have, good
but not on the home page, could live without, etc.).

In order to entice people to participate, anyone filling out the survey
is eligible to win a few prizes.

I've tried contacting the aforementioned library to find out if they're
getting a good response from their survey, but haven't had much luck.

Has anyone else out there in libraryland (especially academic libraries)
done something similar?  If so, was it worthwhile?  Did you get a decent
response?

---
Jonathan Bloy
Web Services Librarian